Welcome to My Domestic Goddess! The company was set up in 2014 by Sophie Purser when she worked long hours and had a young family (and so a messy house!) and needed a solution. She wanted a regular, 100% reliable cleaner but she also wanted them to know her unique needs and if needed, put a bit of thought into what would be most helpful for her, to help her home run smoother. She needed a domestic goddess!
Since then we have changed ownership, all the way to Amy, Sophie’s sister! Amy worked as a cleaner within the company in 2015 and came back in the autumn of 2018 to help Sophie manage the business, taking over fully in early 2019. Amy has experience of managing and training large teams and has worked in award-winning customer service teams.
Each of our ladies is highly professional and understands the needs of our clients, them too working around their homelife or horses!
SO HOW ARE WE ARE DIFFERENT TO BIG ‘CLEANING AGENCIES’?
- we are a local company offering a highly personalised service – we understand that every home is unique and we work with our clients to find solutions that work for them and their families
- we create service plans to ensure your priorities are ticked off but we also offer flexible time for rotating tasks, tidying & organising, spring cleaning, laundering, ironing, linen changing or anything else that might need taking care of – the time is yours
- we can also offer extra help and personal assistance if you have unexpected guests, parties or tradesmen to attend
- we all have our own, regular clients – we don’t swap jobs or move things around each week. This keeps things running smoothly for us but more importantly it means you have the same housekeeper each time and they get to know your home and pets like their own.
- we are fully-prepared to cover your services when necessary – as the owner and manager, Amy works alongside each Goddess on all new jobs and likes to meet each client to ensure a consistent service throughout the year
- each member of our team is permanently employed, DSB checked and on a good rate of pay, so we have very few staff changes
- we are fully-insured under the company insurance – which you can see on request.
We are members of the Trusted Trader scheme ran by Derbyshire County Council, Trading Standards office – this helps us keep abreast of current legislation as well as providing a genuine, checked and verified review system to ensure we work to the highest standards. You can read our reviews here.
We are also a founder member of The Domestic Cleaning Alliance which means we have proven ourselves as one of the best housekeeping companies in the country, with a valuable community of industry professionals and advisors at our fingertips. Our listing is here.
More details of our services can be found here.
I hope I have answered your questions but if you would like any further information please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Thank you for visiting,